Frequently Asked Questions
What is an escape room?
Will I actually be locked in a room?
- Maybe our Razum and Kraken room is equipped with a panic button that allows you to exit through the door you entered
- Kind of our Circus room door is wooden so exiting and entry is as easy as opening a door but that means that we do not truly lock the door. We strongly discourage players from opening the door while the game is in session as it disrupts the flow but the clock keeps running down with or without you!!
How much is it to play?
Please refer to our PRICING PAGE for a list of our staggered pricing
How early should I arrive?
Everyone in the group must arrive at scheduled time of booking. Each time slot accomidates enough time for the waiver, safety briefing, and escape room.
If I am late can I still play?
- If you arrive after we have started the game, we will allow you inside. However, in most cases, this would disrupt the game for the participating players. So we do not recommend it.
- All games start on time. If you are late, the game will begin without you. Unfortunately, we are on a tight schedule and can not accommodate late groups. If you are late the time will be taken off of your room time accordingly.
How much time is required?
The whole experience lasts around 1.5 hours (including the introduction and debriefing afterwards). Each game is exactly 60 minutes but you may finish before the time runs out. If you do not finish in time – the game is over (but we still let you out).
What can I bring with me?
Please dress comfortably; you may be required to crawl. There will be lockers for you to keep your belongings in while playing the game. Cell phones, pens, pencils, flashlights, and lighters are prohibited inside the game.
What to wear?
Comfortable clothing is best. Skirts and dresses not advisable. Sometimes with more people in the room it can get warm so be sure to wear something comfortable and dress in layers.
What if I have a large group or corporate event?
We can accommodate teams of any size and even offer helpful talk backs/ evaluations with our Game Master for corporate events. Please see the GROUP EVENTS/TEAM BUILDING tab for additional information. Do not use the “BOOK NOW” buttons to book events or private bookings.
How do I apply to be part of The Grape Escape Team?
We are always looking for enthusiastic people to be Game Masters! Please fill out the application attached and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org or call to schedule a drop off time at our location. If you have a resume please bring or send us that as well. As a Game Master (coolest title ever, right?), you will help provide a unique and immersive experience for our customers in a new and exciting field of entertainment and team building!
Do you serve food and drinks?
What is the cancellation policy?
Your purchase is non-refundable. Rescheduling can be done 48 hours in advance. To reschedule, you may log into your account if you created one at checkout or you may contact us at email@example.com. No cancellations accepted.
Can I reschedule my time?
- All sales are final. Tickets are nonrefundable. If you need to reschedule your game, you either log into your account if you made one at checkout or call 48 hours before your scheduled game.
- Rescheduling can be done 48 hours in advance. No cancellations accepted.
Can I pay for tickets individually?
Can I add more players to my game after I purchase tickets?
Are my tickets transferrable?
How many people are in a game?
Games vary in the number of participants. Check our ROOMS page for game sizes. Click HERE to purchase tickets and reserve your time. Due to the fact that these games are designed to offer a challenge for their max player size the games can be very challenging for a single player or couples in larger rooms. If you purchase less than the games limit, be prepared to make some new friends. Here are our recommended player size for each room.
Tick Tock Circus plays best with 4 players
Kraken Casino plays best with 6 players
Razum plays best with 6 players.
Is there an age limit?
Yes, Children under 6 are not allowed. Babies are okay if in carriers. Our games are designed for players 14 and up but can be played with younger players in families where there are more adults than children. We have MINI versions of Tick Tock that can be played with groups of younger players between the ages of 10-13. You can book the room online but make sure to let us know you want the MINI version in the notes of your booking. An adult must be present and participate in the room with the group of kids under the age of 14.
- THE KRAKEN: Our games are designed for players 14 and up but can be played with younger players in families where there are more adults than children. The Kraken Room has casino style games so parental discretion is advised. The puzzles can be challenging and are designed to test adults. If booking room for minors 14 years or younger one adult must be present and a participant in the room at all times. All participants will be required to sign a waiver upon arrival. Waivers can viewed by following the link at the bottom of the QUESTIONS PAGE.
- RAZUM: Our games are designed for players 14 and up but can be played with younger players in families where there are more adults than children. The puzzles can be challenging and are designed to test adults. If booking room for minors 14 years or younger one adult must be present and a participant in the room at all times. All participants will be required to fill out and sign a waiver upon arrival. Waivers can be found at the bottom of the QUESTIONS Page.
- UNCLE TICK TOCK’S CIRCUS: This room is designed for 14 years old and up. Younger players can play but if under 14 an adult must be a participant in the room at all times. We have MINI versions of Tick Tock that can be played with groups of younger players between the ages of 10-13. You can book the room online but make sure to let us know you want the MINI version in the notes of your booking. The puzzles can be challenging and are designed to test adults. All participants will be required to fill out and sign a waiver upon arrival. Waivers can viewed by following the link at the bottom of the QUESTIONS PAGE.
- Children CAN NOT be left unattended in the lobby.
How difficult are the rooms?
The games are hard, but not impossible. We tried to keep the same level of difficulty for our games. However, somehow some teams found one game easy than others, but it really depends on a team and their ability to communicate with each other, working together, delegating and so on. Room difficulty levels are listed on the each of the ROOMS pages.
Are the rooms scary?
All of our themes are different. Like genres of movies, some of our games center on action and intrigue while others feature mystery and suspense. The rooms are designed for 14 years and older but younger players can play. Parental discretion is recommended. Our games feature various special effects including sudden lighting and sound changes. Some of these effects can startle players.
Do you offer hints?
Yes we offer unlimited amount of hints with no penalty for hints but to get on our leaderboard you must have no more than three hints as well as one of the 3 fastest time.
What if I am claustrophobic?
KIn the Kraken Casino, The smallest room in the kraken Casino is about the size of a walk in closet or an elevator. If this makes you feel uncomfortable we do not recommend this game.
Any advice for someone who is new to escape rooms?
- Touch everything, search everything, you never know where a clue could be hidden. Make sure to communicate with your team, let them know what you have found, and be involved with what they are working on. Lastly, pay attention to little details, you never know what could help you escape…
- Google Escape room tips.
New to Escape rooms? Watch This!
Now get to it!
GET IN TOUCH
PHONE: 707-927-3759 | EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOURS: Call for same day appointments.
Please book online or call for a private appointment.
Monday and Thursday 3pm - 8pm | Friday and Saturday 10am-9pm
Sunday 10am-8pm | Tuesday and Wednesday CLOSED
ADDRESS: 1345 W. Imola Avenue, Napa CA 94559