Frequently Asked Questions
What is an escape room?
Will I actually be locked in a room?
- Maybe – In the Circus room and the Kraken the exit door is locked metaphorically. That means that we do not truly lock the door. We strongly discourage players from opening the door while the game is in session.
- Kind of. Our X-Cape room is equipped with a panic button that allows you to exit through the door you entered. But the clock keeps running down with or without you!!
How much is it to play?
Tickets are $35 per person. We offer $5 dollars off for children, students (with a valid ID) and military (with a valid ID).
How early should I arrive?
Everyone in the group must arrive at least 15 minutes before their game starts. There will be a waiver to fill out before the game begins.
If I am late can I still play?
- If you arrive after we have started the game (the time on your booking confirmation), we most likely will not be able to allow you inside. In most cases, this would disrupt the game for the participating players and make scheduling very difficult. No refunds will be offered for late arrivals or no-shows.
- All games start on time. If you are late, the game will begin without you and no refund will be given. Players cannot enter or exit a game once it has already started. We must have you arrive 15 minutes early.
How much time is required?
What can I bring with me?
Please dress comfortably; you may be required to crawl. There will be lockers for you to keep your belongings in while playing the game. Cell phones, pens, pencils, flashlights, and lighters are prohibited inside the game.
What to wear?
Comfortable clothing is best. Skirts and dresses not adviseable. Sometimes with more people in the room it can get warm, especially when trying to avoid the Zombie, so dress in layers.
What if I want to play only with friends?
If you would like to make your room private please book our minimum booking amount per room.
Tick Tock Circus – 4 player minimum.
Kraken – 6 player minimum
XCAPE – 6 player minimum.
Otherwise, open time slots are available to others for purchase and play, so be prepared to make some new freinds.
What if I have a large group or corporate event?
We can accommodate teams of any size and even offer helpful talk backs/ evaluations with our Game Master for corporate events. Please see the GROUP EVENTS/TEAM BUILDING tab for additional information. Do not use the “BOOK NOW” buttons to book events or private bookings.
How do I apply to be part of The Grape Escape Team?
We are always looking for enthusiastic people to be Game Masters! Please fill out the application attached and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org or call to schedule a drop off time at our location. If you have a resume please bring or send us that as well. As a Game Master (coolest title ever, right?), you will help provide a unique and immersive experience for our customers in a new and exciting field of entertainment and team building!
Do you serve food and drinks?
What is the cancellation policy?
Your purchase is non-refundable. Rescheduling can be done 48 hours in advance. To reschedule, you may log into your account if you created one at checkout or you may contact us at email@example.com. No cancellations accepted.
Can I reschedule my time?
- All sales are final. Tickets are nonrefundable. If you need to reschedule your game, you either log into your account if you made one at checkout or call 48 hours before your scheduled game.
- Rescheduling can be done 48 hours in advance. No cancellations accepted.
Can I pay for tickets individually?
Can I add more players to my game after I purchase tickets?
Are my tickets transferrable?
How many people are in a game?
Games vary in the number of participants. Check our ROOMS page for game sizes. Click HERE to purchase tickets and reserve your time. . Due to the fact that these games are designed to offer a challenge for their max player size the games can be very challenging for a single player or couples in larger rooms. If you purchase less than the games limit, be prepared to make some new friends. Here are our recommended player size for each room.
Tick Tock Circus plays best with 4 players
Kraken Casino plays best with 6 players
XCAPE plays best with 6 players.
Is there an age limit?
YES! Our games have different age limits but anyone under the age of 10 is not recommended unless playing with several adults.
- THE KRAKEN: This room is designed for players 14 years of age and older. Younger players can play but if under 14 an adult must be a participant in the room at all times. The Kraken Room has casino style games so parental discretion is advised. The puzzles can be challenging and are designed to test adults. All participants and parents of participants under the age of 18 will be required to fill out and sign a waiver upon arrival. Waivers can viewed by following the link at the bottom of the QUESTIONS PAGE.
- X-CAPE Z-51: Room is designed for 14 years of age and older. Due to the difficulty of the puzzles and the intense atmosphere no one under the age of 10 is permitted to play this game. If booking room for minors under the age of 14 one adult must be present and a participant in the room at all times. If booking with a live Zombie all participants must be 14 and up. All participants and parents of participants under the age of 18 will be required to fill out and sign a waiver upon arrival. Waivers can be viewed by following the link at the bottom of the QUESTIONS PAGE.
- UNCLE TICK TOCK’S CIRCUS: This room is designed for 14 years old and up. Younger players can play but if under 14 an adult must be a participant in the room at all times. The puzzles can be challenging and are designed to test adults. All parents of participants under the age of 18 will be required to fill out and sign a waiver upon arrival. Waivers can viewed by following the link at the bottom of the QUESTIONS PAGE.
- Children CAN NOT be left unattended in the lobby. All participants must sign a waiver which can be viewed by following the link at the bottom of the QUESTIONS PAGE.
How difficult are the rooms?
The games are hard, but not impossible. We tried to keep the same level of difficulty for our games. However, somehow some teams found one game easy than others, but it really depends on a team and their ability to communicate with each other, working together, delegating and so on. Room difficulty levels are listed on the each of the ROOMS pages.
Are the rooms scary?
All of our themes are different. Like genres of movies, some of our games center on action and intrigue while others feature mystery and suspense. Our X-Cape game has an intense atmosphere and we will only allow 14 years and older into this game. The Circus and The Kraken rooms are designed for 14 years and older but younger players can play. Parental discretion is recommended. Our games feature various special effects including sudden lighting and sound changes. Some of these effects can startle players.
Do you offer hints?
Yes we offer hints.
What if I am claustrophobic?
In the Kraken Casino, The smallest room is about the size of a walk in closet or an elevator. If this makes you feel uncomfortable we do not recommend this game.
Any advice for someone who is new to escape rooms?
- Touch everything, search everything, you never know where a clue could be hidden. Make sure to communicate with your team, let them know what you have found, and be involved with what they are working on. Lastly, pay attention to little details, you never know what could help you escape…
- Google Escape room tips.
Now get to it!
GET IN TOUCH
PHONE: 707-927-3759 | EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOURS: Closed Tues. & Weds.
Monday & Thursday 1:30pm - 8:00pm | Friday 12:30pm - 10:00pm Saturday 10:30am-10:00pm | Sunday 10:30am-9:00pm
ADDRESS: 1345 Imola Avenue, Napa CA 94559